Data Request Form
This application is made available for specific requests of data from EFFIS that are not directly available via the EFFIS web services.
Please, fill in the required information so that your request can be processed.
The data will be delivered to the email address provided in the application as soon as possible.
Notification Regarding the Data
- EFFIS is developed in collaboration with the national fire services, mainly Forest and Civil Protection services, represented in the Expert Group on Forest Fires(EGFF), from Europe, Middle East and North Africa. Since 2015, EFFIS is a component of the Copernicus Emergency Management Services. The Joint Research Centre (JRC), on behalf of the European Commission and the Expert Group on Forest Fires, does not accept any liability whatsoever for any error, missing data or omissions in the data, or for any loss or damage arising from its use. The JRC, on behalf of the Commission, agrees to provide the data free of charge but is not bound to justify the content and values contained in the databases.
- EFFIS will delete any stored data of the request just after the request itself has been processed.
- The user agrees to:
- Make proper reference (*) to the European Forest Fire Information System (EFFIS) when disseminating the results to which this agreement relates.
- Participate in the verification of the data (e.g. by noting and reporting to the JRC any errors or omissions discovered).
- Inform EFFIS at firstname.lastname@example.org of any publications that will be partly or entirely based on the provided data.
- The reuse policy of the European Commission is implemented by a Decision of 12 December 2011. ( http://eurlex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=OJ:L:2011:330:0039:0042:EN:PD)
- Use the data solely for the purpose of the present agreement.
- Acknowledgement: Data were provided by the European Forest Fire Information System – EFFIS (http://effis.jrc.ec.europa.eu) of the European Commission Joint Research Centre.
- Reference: San-Miguel-Ayanz, J., Schulte, E., Schmuck, G., Camia, A., Strobl, P., Libertà, G., Giovando, C., Boca, R., Sedano, F., Kempeneers, P., McInerney, D., Withmore, C., Santos de Oliveira, S., Rodrigues, M., Durrant, T., Corti, P., Oehler, F., Vilar L., Amatulli, G. (2012) Comprehensive monitoring of wildfires in europe: the European Forest Fire Information System (EFFIS), in John Tiefenbacher (Ed.), Approaches to Managing Disaster - Assessing Hazards, Emergencies and Disaster Impacts, pp. 87-105, InTech, ISBN 978-953-51-0294-6.